This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare premiered this past, lucky, Friday the 13th- and the anticipation was rather low. The movie in itself earned a rather infamous word, due to the trailers. However, as someone who likes to give all movies at least a chance, I was rather eager to see it.

Thanks to NBC Universal x Her Campus, Her Campus ASU specifically had the amazing opportunity to see this movie two days before the premiere. But the negativity could not destroy my hype. And my excitement could not have been more correct.

(Her Campus ASU before our free, premier, screening of Blumehouse’s Truth or Dare) 

Truth or Dare starts out at an obvious kind of ridiculous plot roll. However, towards the middle of their story, the plot truly begins to thicken with multiple layers, creating a truly terrifying effect. Without giving too much away, the plot has some very interesting ties, from the beginning to the final resolution of the movie. Even some funny personal jabs at the movie, such as the main special effect mimicking a bad Snapchat filter.

Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare is a movie that no movie buff should miss out on, even if it’s just for fun.

My name is Mikayla Beyries. I was born in Southern California before moving to Arizona where I have lived a majority of my life. I am currently a freshman in college on my way to becoming a Political Journalist. I want to write about what matters, as a woman, as a student, as a human there are going to be things at stake that the world should see, and I want to help deliver that knowledge to them.
Kathleen Leslie is a freshman at Arizona State University, studying political science and communications. She was born in August, (a typical Leo), in Chicago, Illinois but has since moved all over the world. Though, she considers Australia and Orange County, California, her home. Kathleen is a part of the 'I Am That Girl' club on ASU's campus and in addition, works as a communications aide for ASU. In her free time, she likes to shop, sail and hang out with friends, (hoping it always involves something with food). Kathleen Leslie is also the current campus correspondent for Her Campus ASU.