Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

7 of the Best ‘Gilmore Girls’ Episodes for Your Series Rewatch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Are all the girls currently in their “Gilmore Girls” rewatch era? Now that September has started, the fall vibes are coming back, and with those vibes comes a comedy-drama series featuring the perfect fall aesthetic. 

It’s no secret that it’s hard to make it feel like fall when it’s still currently over 100 degrees in Arizona, so if you need to bring the feeling of fall into your life, it’s time for you to start watching “Gilmore Girls”, too. 

Growing up, my mom had “Gilmore Girls” playing in the living room almost 24/7, so not only does the show give me a nice nostalgic and homey feeling, it also means that I have become a self-proclaimed expert on the show, myself. So, here’s my list of my personal favorite episodes from each season that you should be sure to include in your rewatch this year.

*Proceed with caution – vague spoilers ahead

Season 1 Episode 21: Love, Daisies and Troubadours

This episode marks the first season’s finale and there’s a LOT that happens, especially in the romance category. But the reason it lands a place on this list is the iconic yellow daisies scene. If you’ve seen the show, you know what I’m talking about. And if you haven’t, you’ll just have to watch because you have to experience it yourself. Even though this particular relationship doesn’t last much longer, this scene will remain in the top “Gilmore Girls” moments. Combined with the rest of the relationship drama in this show, it makes you want to come back for more in the second season.

Season 2 Episode 5: Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy

This episode contains the first appearance of a fan-favorite character: Jess. Not only are we first introduced to this character, but he’s also a major part of what makes this episode so good. Jess and Lorelai’s argument during dinner is definitely justified on Lorelai’s end. However, sometimes she needs a slight reality check. And who better to give it to her than the boy who literally just arrived in town! This episode also brings us the ‘Luke pushes Jess into the lake’ scene, arguably a fan favorite (and definitely a personal favorite). The timing, the camera angle, the execution, it’s all flawless, in my opinion. And last, but certainly not least, the beginning of Jess and Rory’s friendship starts with what better than an annotated book. This sets the tone for the rest of their friendship…and more.

Season 3 Episode 9: A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving

A classic holiday episode featuring four different Thanksgiving dinners. What’s not to love about that? And one that features a kiss between one of the best couples of the show, Lane and Dave, who should have been endgame (or at least had more features in later episodes). Kirk also adopts a cat and names him Kirk, which is one of the most Kirk things to do. We also get to watch them be referenced as “human Kirk” and “cat Kirk”, which is absolutely great.

Season 4 Episode 15: Scene in a Mall

Something about watching Lorelai, Rory and Emily shopping at the mall just makes me happy. Anytime all three generations of the Gilmore girls are together, the conversations, one-liners, and comebacks are unbeatable. There’s also something about the bonding scenes between Emily and Lorelai that are very heart-warming, and there are quite a few of those moments to be found in this episode. The only downside of this episode is that we have to endure a painful meeting between Dean and Rory, so feel free to skip that part.

Season 5 Episode 7: You Jump, I Jump, Jack

This episode is just fun and one of many good Logan moments – even though he has yet to enter his best era. A ‘secret society’ at Yale would probably not be nearly as fun as this one is depicted as, but it’s fun to dream. (And a reminder to the college girls: you do not have to load your schedule as much as Rory does. In fact, please don’t!).

Season 6 Episode 21: Driving Miss Gilmore

Another one with some great Lorelai and Emily moments. Seeing Emily walking around blind with sunglasses is purely hilarious. At this point, this season is finally getting better as we are out of the ‘Lorelai and Rory fighting’ era, and this is a great episode to get the show back on track. We also see some cute moments between Logan and Rory, but Lorelai and Emily still rule this episode.

Season 7 Episode 12: To Whom It May Concern

This episode lands on this list for its namesake: Lorelai’s letter for Luke’s court hearing. The letter is one of the couple’s more romantic moments, a side of them that is not portrayed very often. It’s also part of what breaks up Lorelai and Christopher, which I believe should have happened way earlier (or they should have never gotten together again in the first place). This episode has both sweet and serious tones and has a style to it that is rare for the show but works well for what is being portrayed.

With these seven episodes in mind, grab a big cup of coffee or a whole lot of junk food, curl up on the couch, and get binge-watching! Happy “Gilmore Girls” season!

Amanda Lundin is a junior at ASU studying Journalism and Mass Communication with a minor in Dance. Outside of writing for HER Campus, Amanda enjoys reading, dancing, waterskiing, hikes that are more like walks, and curating Spotify playlists.