5 reasons why guy friends are better than having girlfriends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

1. LESS DRAMA

How nice it must be to get in an argument, ruff each other up a little bit and be the best of friends all over again. Guys, they can do that, girls on the other hand, well, not so much. Talking bad about each other to mutual friends, stealing each others man and calling each other out on our flaws in a public place is more of how we like to deal with things. Therefore, say no drama mama and go get yourself some guy friends!

2. MORE PROTECTION

Have you ever had a late night out and found yourself walking home alone? It can be kind of scary, huh? Well say goodbye to your fear because your guy friends are here! No matter what time of night it is, a true gentleman will make sure a lady gets home safely and the cool part is, you don’t need a boyfriend to take on that role because your guy friends have got your back.

3. REALISTIC ADVICE

We have all had our days when we would find ourselves sitting at our gal-friend’s house telling her all about this guy we are currently talking to. Remember that? She would never let you finish your sentences and would cut you off with her “good advice” like she is some love guru. And let’s face it, whenever you take her advice it never works out the way you want it to anyways because in reality she doesn’t know much about how guys really think either. But, do you know who does, your guy friends!

4. HELPING HANDS

Ever asked your gal-friends to help you move into your new apartment and carry heavy boxes in and out of the car…psh…good luck with that. If I were you I wouldn’t be doing that unless you want to get into a fight later about her breaking her nail. If you would rather “watch” and episode of “(insert name here)_________and the 7 bros” than “Broke Back Nail” then I would consider calling up your guy friends. It can be assured that they will whistle while they work and become your own personal moving team!

5. WATCH AND LEARN

Sports, cars, video games, you name it, those are just a few of the topics you will learn a whole lot about by hanging out with your guy friends. Nails, hair and makeup are all things that every classy lady worries about, but a lady that has all that and then some, well, she is the girl to look out for. Looks aren’t everything ladies, the more you know about different subjects the more hotties you will attract.

Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.