5 Classy but Creepy Ways to Decorate Your House for Halloween!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

October is here and it’s time to decorate! This isn’t your typical Halloween decor that you can find at any store; this is the classiest Halloween decor ever. And the best part is you can DIY most of them!

1. Black Rimming Sugar for Cocktails

What’s a holiday without a little booze? Instead of making creepy punch with plastic body parts, buy this classy black sugar off of Etsy or try making your own with black food coloring!

(Photo courtesy of Buzzfeed.com)

2. Black Pumpkin

Throw everyone for a loop with these black pumpkins! Use flat black paint or chalkboard paint for that extra eerie feel.

(Photo courtesy of Buzzfeed.com)

3. Black Lace-Wrapped Votives

Add a touch of class to your already-classy candles by gluing black lace around them.

(Photo courtesy of Buzzfeed.com)

4. Black Victorain Picture Frames

Victoran frames are already super classy, but having them in black will give them the haunting vibe you want for Halloween. Add creepy pictures if you’re feeling extra festive and switch them out for regular photos once Halloween is over!

(Photo courtesy of Buzzfeed.com)

5. Glass Bottle Candle Holders

This is mostly just very classy and a super easy DIY project, but once the wax starts dripping down the sides of the bottle, you’ve got yourself a tasteful yet festive piece of decor for your house!

(Photo courtesy of Buzzfeed.com)

All of these ideas were inspired by this Buzzfeed article. Check it out for even more great classy but creepy home decor ideas!

My name is Alejandra Guillen and I am a junior at Arizona State University's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication and at Barrett, the Honors College. As most people do, I enjoy sleep, food (especially of the breakfast, gravy and meat varieties), and Ryan Gosling.