This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

This week our celeb is Senator Brock Hyland. He may not be a state senator (yet), however we expect great things out of him. Brock is a sophomore from Waco, Texas. Here at the University of Arkansas he is double majoring in Political Science and Economics, as well as getting two minors: Legal Studies and History. On top of being a member of Kappa Sigma, Brock is also involved in extracurricular activities and clubs like ASG Senate, College Republicans, SOOIE and represents Kappa Sigma in Greek Life Facilitators.

As a member of ASG Senate, Brock is a member of the at-large caucus. He is also on the campus life committee where he “writes and sponsors legislation that betters the student experience!” Below he is pictured with former governor candidate Asa Hutchinson.

Brock is also the Vice Chairman of the College Republicans at the U of A. As the Vice Chairman, he coordinates meetings as well as the membership of other College Republicans.

In case this isn’t enough involvement, he also is a member of SOOIE. Brock is on the group’s public relations committee, where he and his other committee members promote the organization.

Brock’s involvement on campus undoubtedly makes him perfect for this week’s campus celebrity. Whether he ends up being a Senator or President, we are sure to run into the name Brock Hyland down the political road!

Jordan is from a small town called Coppell, Texas, but has moved to Fayetteville to attend college. She is the Editor-In-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Arkansas. She is a junior at the University of Arkansas, who is majoring in Journalism (with an AD/PR emphasis) and minoring in Communications. Her interests include E! network, everything Kardashians and cats.