Muhammad Al-majed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Her Campus U Ark is proud to announce our newest Campus Celebrity, hailing all the way from Saudi Arabia, Muhammad Al-majed! Muhammad is a third year student at the University, and came to America last year to begin studying Engineering at the University of Arkansas. Muhammad can speak various languages, only a few of which include Arabic, English and Portugese. He has visited several hotspots across the United States, and has various friends in (and is obsessed with) Brazil! You’ll always find Muhammad cheering for Brazil during sports games, but he also loves his Hogs!

Muhammad has made so many friends since visiting America, most of them being other international students. While Muhammad loves his international friends dearly, his greatest concern has been how difficult it is to befriend Americans. Little things like sitting with strangers at the lunch table is not as welcome in our culture, and this is strange to Muhammad. “Everyone is brotherly in Saudi Arabia – the men, we are all brothers.” He says. Muhammad loves to hang out with friends and travel, and is extremely outgoing. 

Q and A with Muhammad:

Q: Romantic Comedy or Scary Movie marathon?A: Romantic Comedy!

Q: Would you rather lose your eyesight forever, or be forced to walk backwards for the rest of your life?A: Forced to walk backwards – you can look behind you, at least!

Q: What’s the best place you have ever been?A: Miami South Beach – the people [there] were different, and the view. It was a New Year, so maybe this is why they were crazy and different! I have another favorite place – Mount Sequoyah.

Q: If you could go anywhere in the world that you haven’t been, where would you go any why?A: Brazil, I have lots of friends there.

Q: What do you think the biggest Political issue is that America faces?A: Health care. It is so expensive here. My friend had a problem paying for a dental appointment; it was $5,000 just to fix her teeth through surgery, and it was so important. She had to go back to Brazil and have it done, and she did! The plane ticket and everything never exceeded $3,000.

Q: What has been your best experience in America?A: Seriously, just being with international students who are not from my country is the best experience for me.

Tiffany Ward, a Junior at the University of Arkansas, joined the Her Campus Arkansas team in 2013 and now serves as the chapter President. Along with being an English major, Tiffany has a minor in Legal Studies and Pre-Law emphasis. Tiffany is a loyal member of Alpha Omicron Pi. Tiffany loves to write articles that provide advice and fun to her readers.