Best Travel Destinations for Fall Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

With school in full swing and mountains of tests just around the corner, we could all use a break from school. Luckily, Fall Break is just a month away! Now that the weather is cooling off and the huge crowds of tourists are dissapearing, these four destinations would be ideal for a fun getaway with your friends. 

1. Austin, Texas. With an awesome bar scene, great food, and lively college atmosphere, Austin is a great fall break destination. You can do everything from swimming in Barton Springs to attending a live show right in the heart of the city. Austin is the live music capitol of the world, after all!

Distance from Fayetteville: 528 miles (8 hour driving distance).

2. Santa Fe, New Mexico. If you like to explore, this city is for you. Being the capitol of New Mexico, Santa Fe is a colorful city with a rich history and lively atmosphere. Santa Fe features countless art galleries, legendary restaurants and plazas to explore.

Distance from Fayetteville: 751 miles (11 hour driving distance).

3. Nashville, Tennessee. Welcome to Music City! Nashville is an incredible and unique town filled with extremely talented songwriters and musicians. Explore the history, bars, and get to know creative people along the way.

Distance from Fayetteville: 529 miles (8 hour driving distance).

4. Chicago, Illinois. Known to be the most “American City” in America, Chicago is a diverse and energetic city with tons to do. Make sure to explore the parks and shop on the famous “Magnificent Mile,” a mile long shopping strip in the heart of the city.

Distance from Fayetteville: 655 miles (10 hours driving distance).

Photo credit: Thanks, Photobucket! (http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w654/UarkHerCampus/2ExploreMore_feb-…)