5 Ways To Add Edge To Your Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

No need for tattoos and piercings to channel your inner rebel, try these five different ways to add some edge to your everyday outfit! 

1. Winged eyeliner. You can never go wrong with the cat eye. This look is simple, yet always makes you look put together. Remember, practice makes perfect! Feeling extra bold? Pair the winged eye with a red lipstick.

2. Velvet. Looking edgy doesn’t have to mean losing your sweet feminine side, and the proof can be found in super sassy velvet dresses and rompers. Velvet instantly adds an interesting and unique texture to any outfit without being too girly. The super soft feel is also a bonus!

3. Coats and Jackets. It’s easy to hide behind layers and layers of coats and sweaters in the winter months, so why not look cute doing it? This cheetah coat (paired with your bold attitude of course) is bound to turn heads and add fun to any outfit. Not a fan of animal print? Add a studded leather jacket instead.

4. Boots, boots, and more boots. Nothing makes you feel more confident than wearing your favorite pair of boots. Whenever you need a change or just want to spice up an outfit, try some combat boots that are sure to give you some of that edge factor you are looking for.

5. Nails. By now, we all know that black nails are a classic way to show off your personality in a subtle way. Add some fun to the classic black nail by adding decals and designs.