Super Bowl XLVII: Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

The Baltimore Ravens will take on the San Francisco 49ers this Sunday at the Super Bowl XLVII (47). This game is unlike any Super Bowl in the past. Baltimore Ravens’ coach, John Harbaugh is going against his brother, Jim Harbaugh, who is the coach of the 49ers. To add to the heated rivalry, Jim Harbaugh’s son, Jay Harbaugh will be interning for Baltimore. The Baltimore Ravens are speculated to win this Super Bowl. Quarterback Joe Flacco drastically improved defense for the Ravens, but the 49ers definitely demonstrated more talent during the season. Both teams have a very good chance of taking home a victory at Super Bowl XLVII. Only Sunday will prove who the true winner of this fiery game will be. The winning team will not only win the Super Bowl XLVII title, but they will be taking home quite the trophy. The Vince Lombardi Trophy is seven pounds of sterling silver handcrafted by Tiffany & Company. The iconic company has handcrafted each and every Super Bowl trophy since 1967.

Sunday’s game will also showcase some major celebrities. From Alicia Keys performing the National Anthem to Beyonce performing during the halftime show. If the game is not your cup of tea, maybe these two amazing performers can change your mind. Don’t forget the Super Bowl 2013 commercials; there are bound to be some good laughs this year! This game is definitely not one to miss! It will be this Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.

Sophomore at the University of Arizona Major: Journalism Minor: Spanish