She Asks, He Answers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Sam Lawson
Hometown: Scottsdale, AZ
Year: Sophomore
Major: Pre-Business

What qualifies a girl to be given the coveted invitation to their boyfriend’s for thanksgiving?
Sam: She has to be fun to hang out with friends, because you’re probably going to be with friends and family more than you’ll be romantic and alone with her. She also has to have a likeable personality that is very friendly and open to meeting new people and being independent.
If a girl gets the invite, what are some holiday do’s to abide by?
She should be friendly and help around the house and be a sweetheart to everyone. Also if grandparents are in town, she should make a special effort to go talk to them because grandparents love when their grandkids have girlfriends.
Some holiday don’ts?
Do not cling to me throughout the weekend, I need to spend time with my family and friends and she needs to get to know them. Also, don’t act like a girlfriend, act like a friend. No parents want to see a girl all over their son

My name is Jessica Cooper and in the Fall I will be a Senior at the University of Arizona. I am majoring in journalism with a dual minor in history and judaic studies. My focus is in both print and online journalism. I have loved being a part of the Her Campus team for the last semester and am so excited to be the campus correspondant for the 2011-2012 year.