This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

USC. University of Southern California or University of Spoiled Children. With
an annual tuition cost of over $50,000, these private school students must be getting a
hell of an education.

Each year both USC and UA make a big deal of their football game against each
other. Students of each university switch off road tripping to the other’s campus every
year. Although USC football is usually ranked higher then UA’s, our team usually still
manages to give them a good game.

This year it was USC’s turn to come into our territory. Greek row was packed
with maroon and gold. Most of them have friends in the fraternities here and bombard
their houses to tailgate.
With the game starting at 12:30 PM, tailgates were already getting rowdy around
9:30 AM. Although we were rival schools, we all had a common ground known as
tailgating.

On the other hand, some houses were showcasing Trojan hate signs. In the front
of one fraternity read, “A Trojan only lasts once, Wildcats lasts forever.”

After a very long day of tailgating and anticipation, the game came down to the
very last minutes of the fourth quarter. After trailing by 15 points in the third quarter, the
Wildcats swatted down the last pass and shot the Trojans had to win in the finals seconds
of the game. Ah, the upset we’ve been waiting to see come from Rich Rodriguez.

Wildcats win 39-36. USC fans were surprised out of their minds. Finally, mommy and
daddy’s money couldn’t buy them another touchdown.

All day these Trojan fans walked up and down our streets confident they’d leave
victorious because of their gift from God, Marqise Lee and their five year consecutive
victories in Tucson. Lee had a record 345 yards in the game, 5th most in FBS history.
Basically, if you watched the game, you would see Lee in almost every important and
game-progressing play. He was all over the field and led his team. Unfortunately, it just
wasn’t enough to beat the home-turf excitement and encouragement of our fans as well as
the talent Rich Rodriguez has learned to utilize on the field.

Wildcats knock off 9th ranked Trojans and work their way up the ranking ladder
themselves.

After the victory the same house that hung the first slogan, reversed it to
reveal the back reading, “Trojans break when Wilbur comes.” Pretty bold if you ask me,
but it sure does work.

Now we wait until next year when all of us UA students flock to USC.
Although we are rivals, we can’t help but take advantage of their wet campus and movie-
like greek life. Mimosas served in the morning and champagne instead of Keystone Light
sounds like a good reason to me to drive a few hours to LA.