This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Let’s face it, none of us are ready to go back to the endless amount of work that we have let pile up over the past week. But whether we like it or not, we have to go back. Coming back from Spring Break has always been one of my biggest challenges in college because my mind stays on break for weeks after I’ve returned to campus. Luckily, I have developed a small list of activities that can help you get back into the swing of things a little quicker than imagining yourself somewhere far from where you actually are. 

01. HIT THE GYM 

GIF courtesy of Giphy.

Even though this may not seem like a productive way to cure your Spring Break blues, getting back into your routine is the perfect way to motivate yourself. Not only are you going to feel better about yourself, you might even feel a little better about the remainder of the semester.

02. GET SOME SLEEP 

GIF courtesy of Giphy.

Most likely, you didn’t get any sleep over break. Your body needs a break just as much as your mind did! Sleep can work wonders for giving you both physical and mental energy. So maybe you don’t feel that excited to wake up early and go to class, but at least you’ll bring some type of structure back into your life after a good nap… or 12.. really, who’s counting?

03. GET BACK ON YOUR GRIND 

GIF courtesy of Giphy.

Regardless of the time of year, homework always sucks. Especially so after coming back from break. Trust me, if you force yourself into your school work now, it will pay off later. There’s nothing worse than getting back from break, acting like you’re still on break, and then realizing you have to play catch-up during finals week. It is much easier to put in extra work for the next couple of weeks so you can coast to the finish-line. 

04. GET TOGETHER WITH YOUR FRIENDS

GIF courtesty of Giphy.

This is a perfect time to share all of the crazy things that you did, or didn’t do, over break. However, this is also the perfect time to talk about what is stressing you out about coming back to school. It always seems easier to hold yourself accountable when you talk to your friends about what you are worried about with school. This keeps your responsibilities fresh in your mind while also helping you relieve some of the stress that you have. Because, believe me, your friends are going through the same thing!

05. PLAN FOR SUMMER

GIF courtesy of Tenor.

This is one of the best tactics I have found for keeping myself in check for the last part of Spring semester. I make plans that give me something to look forward to. It’s possible that some of you are graduating, that’s exciting, so treat it as such! Even if you simply make plans with friends or family, you can use this as a form of reward for finishing the semester strong.

...
Dayne DiSesa

Arizona '19

Dayne DiSesa is a senior at the University of Arizona. She is double majoring in Gender and Women Studies and Creative Writing, and working on fulfilling her life long dream of becoming a social worker. Dayne is a proud owner of two guinea pigs (Buritos and Dorritios), 20 dreamcatchers, and a car she named after Betty White. You can follow her on instagram: @sunflowersanddaynishes.