This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Groove Shark is a not so new way to listen to music. It has been around for a while but not many people seem to know about it. So I’m going tell you why you should stop using Pandora, or iTunes, or Spotify or whatever other must sources are out there,

Groove Shark is a huge musical database that has just about everything you might want to listen to. It updates frequently, so that newly released song that you just heard on the radio, Groove Shark has it.

So here’s how it works: First you have to make an account, all it takes is an email address, username and password. Then think of a song you want to listen to, search for it, and when you find it add it to your library. As your library builds you can create play lists that you can either save of just listen to once.

Now pretend there is a song that you’re just dying to hear but you don’t want to add it to your play list permanently. All you have to do is find it and queue it. You can queue it to play next you just add it to the end of your playlist.

Up until recently Groove Shark was just for computers but not to long ago they created a mobile division. It’s not an app so you still have to go to the online site but it will recognize your device as mobile and adjust the screen accordingly. All you have to do is log in.

The best part about Groove Shark, it is totally free and there are no annoying ads that play in-between songs. 

I'm a journalism student at the University of Arizona.