This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Who has the best French fries in town? Although In-N-Out and Zin Burger hit pretty close, some of the best fries can be found on our very own University Street at Wilko.

Although their food is a little more expensive than other restaurants in the area, with Wilko you get what you pay for. They have fabulous pizzas, chef boards, salads, and burgers. But the reason I go back is the truffle fries.

Really though, freshman year my friends and I used to wake up with intense truffle fry cravings. However they probably didn’t appreciate us rolling in wearing yoga pants and baseball hats, because it is a classy establishment. The atmosphere is really much more suited to a first date or a wine night with the girls.

It has a rustic feel, with thick wooden tables and creative light fixtures. Their tables often have fresh flowers, and they serve your water in cute wine bottles. But what I love most about Wilko’s ambiance is its huge windows. The people watching is great!

Overall Wilko is an excellent restaurant. Although I wish it offered more specials, they have great lunches, dinners, and even breakfasts! Don’t let the fancy words on the menu scare you; they have a little something for everyone. I would highly recommend the burger, which is served on an English muffin style bun, the Cesar salad, and of course their amazing French fries (I also love their herb fries).   

If you haven’t tried it yet, grab a few friends, head over to Wilko and order some truffles fries and a few Arnold palmers. At only $6, these fries are the best snack on the block, but beware, you are bound to get hooked.

I am a journalism major and business minor. I love the sun, a great book, and gossip girl. I travel whenever I can, and I love trying new and interesting food!