Five great gifts for Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

With Mother’s Day here, don’t forget dear old mom. Show just how special she is with a gift that will make her feel awesome.
1.       An activity for two: Find an activity or an event to attend that will make her day exciting. Take her to a jewelry making class or visit the newest exhibit. Groupon.com offers great deals on activities and ticket prices, so check what’s going on in your city. If you are away at school, tell her what you’ve got planned for the next time you see her.
2.       Photo Creations: Take a special photo of you and your mom and make it into something creative like a photo pillow, T-shirt, or even a life size cut out.
3.       Trendy Makeup: Every mom wants to feel pretty. Pick out some new makeup and offer to show her the latest makeup trends.
4.       Heartfelt Card: If you’re tight on cash, send mom a cute card with a special letter. Don’t forget to list all the ways she’s been there for you all these years. Your birth wasn’t as easy and painless as she claims!
5.       Time: Moms really just want some good old fashioned time with their kids. Spend the day doing something she’s been begging you to do with her. If it’s something you normally would refuse to take part in, like gardening or line dancing, agree just this once.

Moms are special people who need to be recognized. A little gesture is all it takes- even if it is a simple Skype date just to say thanks. 

Yael Schusterman is a journalism senior at the University of Arizona. She has freelanced for half a dozen publications and is ready to transition from a print to an online focus. She maintains a permanent residence in New Jersey and her goal is to live in Manhattan. The AP wire has picked up one of her stories, "Theft at gallery yields sale to help artists," as member enterprise while working for The Arizona Daily Star in Tucson. She looks forward to working with the Her Campus Team and spreading awareness on the UA campus.