Derrick Williams declares for NBA draft; crushes souls of tiny babies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

As you all must know from the river of tears flooding the streets of Tucson, Derrick Williams has decided to forego his last two years of eligibility and declare for the NBA draft.

What does an Arizona fan do in this situation? Refer back to the beautifully written article by that one awesome chick about how Arizona is back at its peak and will continue to be for many years? Obviously. Screech along with Celine to “My Heart Will Go On”? Already did. Get his stat line tattooed across your chest (19.5 + 8.3=Luv4Eva)? Pending.

But for now, let’s take a look back at some of Williams’ signature moments. This video by KVOA’s Ryan Recker features, among other things, his block against Washington, the miracle And One versus Texas and pretty much all 40 minutes of the Duke game.

Beautiful, right?

Williams will not be available to the media until late next week when he holds a press conference. But rest assured: I will ask all the tough questions, like, “Do you mind if I hit you?” and “WHYYYYYYYYY?” Also, “Would you mind if I honor you by naming my kids ‘DunkMastaFly,’ ‘HopsFoDays’ and ‘SwagSwag’?”

I’ll write more on the subject following his press conference, or once I stop weeping. Whichever comes last.

Yael Schusterman is a journalism senior at the University of Arizona. She has freelanced for half a dozen publications and is ready to transition from a print to an online focus. She maintains a permanent residence in New Jersey and her goal is to live in Manhattan. The AP wire has picked up one of her stories, "Theft at gallery yields sale to help artists," as member enterprise while working for The Arizona Daily Star in Tucson. She looks forward to working with the Her Campus Team and spreading awareness on the UA campus.