What is Your Halloween Costume Style?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

October is upon us, so you know what that means…HALLOWEEN! If you still haven’t gotten your costume yet, and have no clue what to be, take this short quiz to find out your Halloween costume style!

1. It is Halloween night. What must happen for you to have a great time?
a. Your crush has to notice your smokin’ hot outfit
b. Everyone will notice how witty and funny your outfit is.
c. People must be literally terrified of you.
d. You and your friends must take TONS fabulous pictures!!

2. A must watch Halloween movie is:
a. Scary movies aren’t really your thing, but if you can snuggle up to a cute boy, you will watch anything!
b. Scary Movie- It’s funny, but it still makes you jump!
c. The scarier the better, but nothing beats the classic “Halloween” with Michael Myers
d. Whatever movie it is, you can’t watch it alone!

3. As soon as October rolls around you have been dying to…

a. Start costume shopping!
b. Carve the presidential candidates faces into a pumpkin
c. Go to a haunted house!
d. Have a fall themed day with your besties!

4. You normally get your Halloween costume from…
a. Party City, duh!
b. The thrift store
c. Online, costume stores, you will go wherever has the scariest outfits!
d. You are more of a DIY girl!

5. You would describe your style as:
a. Sexy and cute. You never leave your room without looking your best!
b. Fun. You are always looking for a great conversation piece
c. Eclectic. You love donning animal hats, or anything that makes you stick out.
d. Balanced. Some days you dress up, some days leggings are just too tempting…

If you got mostly A’s…pick a SEXY COSTUME! Kady Heron in Mean Girls said it best “Halloween is the one night of the year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it”. Halloween is the time for you to flaunt what you got! This year channel Anne Hathaway, and rock a Catwoman suit.

If you got mostly B’s…pick a FUNNY COSTUME! You love being the life of the party, and your outfit should represent your fun, lively personality. Think about rocking a Pregnant Snookie, or Honey Boo Boo Child costume!

If you got mostly C’s…pick a SCARY COSTUME! The scarier the better. Your look will not be complete without face and body paint and a terrifying mask. So what will it be this year, a zombie or a vampire?

If you got mostly D’s… pick a GROUP COSTUME! You love to dress up with your girls, nothing makes you feel more confident than rolling into a party rocking an awesome group outfit. Popular group costumes this year are Pretty Little Liars, or grab some leotards and go as the Fab Five from this year’s Olympics!

Whatever you end up dressing us as, don’t stress out too much over your costume! Halloween is all about having fun, and showing your fun personality! Happy Haunting Collegiettes!

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!