The Ultimate Snow Day Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

When the weather permits astounding amounts of snow, sometimes, you just have to make the best of it. Here are some tips on how to do just that!

1.     Wear the warmest, coziest clothing you own.

Nothing beats being snuggled up on a cold day! Might I even suggest just making a huge, warm fleece blanket your official snow-day attire.

2.     Make a breakfast feast with your roommates with these recipes: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/breakfast/brunch/brunch-recipe-ideas/#page=1   

3.     When you are finally mentally prepared to embrace the cold outside, go outside! Build a snowman, go sledding, have a snowball fight, or do all three!

4.     Take Instagram worthy pictures – lots of them! It’ll be something you’ll cherish in 10 years.

5.     Have a movie day!

Some movies I recommend are: Frozen (duh), Life is Beautiful, Whiplash, Vertigo, Clueless or The Breakfast Club, and any classic Disney movie!

6.     Have a baking party with some of your closest friends!

It doesn’t get much better than baking in a warm home while watching the snow drift by your kitchen window. Here’s a cookie recipe I absolutely love. 

7.     Read by the fireplace.

Some books I recommend are: All the Light We Cannot See, The Goldfinch, and The Opposite Side of Loneliness.

8.     Make snow cream 

Recipe here. 

9.     Have a spa day!

You have to have an optimistic attitude when snowed in, so why not make the best of your time with a spa day?

10.  Dedicate the day to an ultimate board game competition with friends and family!