#TrumpImpeachmentParty Trends on Twitter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Have you gotten your invitation to the party yet?

It’s just barely been a month, and we’ve been living in the joke that’s gone too far. Washington DC is in shambles, Trump’s approval rating is down to 38%, he continues to put his foot in his mouth, “alternative truths” continue to spoken, he’s declared war with the media, taxpayers continue to pay millions for Trump’s trips to Florida and Melania’s stay in NY, and his team may be getting their invite to the impeachment party real soon. This all went down in one week. Keep in mind that we’ve only just hit the one month mark.

Time Magazine released a new cover on Thursday, which speaks for itself:

Wonder when the “Time Magazine is OVERRATED. FAKE NEWS!” tweet is going to come. They’ll join CNN, NY Times, NBC News, ABC, and CBS as the “enemies of America.”

The #TrumpImpeachmentParty started trending when news broke that warranted the most cause for Impeachment yet. National Security Advisor Michael Flynn resigned after reports that he’d had ties to foreign investments, and reports of phone calls with Russia. This was just the tip of the iceberg as it appears that Flynn was the scapegoat.

Then, one of the many media enemies of Trump, The New York Times, released a bombshell that may cost Trump his presidency, and in the worst-case scenario: jail time. It was leaked to NY Times that Trump’s campaign aids had repeated contacts with Russian Intelligence before the election. Remember that report that said Russia interfered with the election and hacked the D.N.C.? Remember when Trump said he knew nothing about it?

According to the article: “Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.”

The article went on to say: “The call logs and intercepted communications are part of a larger trove of information that the F.B.I. is sifting through as it investigates the links between Mr. Trump’s associates and the Russian government, as well as the hacking of the D.N.C., according to federal law enforcement officials. As part of its inquiry, the F.B.I. has obtained banking and travel records and conducted interviews, the officials said.”

Trump and his team have denied these claims (mostly on Twitter and calling NY Times fake news again), but many Americans are calling for an investigation. If the leaked information proves to be factual, it could mean Trump has committed treason. This is the most evidence so far that would be cause for impeachment. 

People on Twitter have gotten their balloons and banners, ready to celebrate the #TrumpImpeachmentParty.

This tweet will come back to haunt him:

They got him where it hurts:

Can we recruit Arnold Schwarzenegger to say those famous words?

Lindsay Lohan knows how he feels:

Nordstrom is going to provide the party favors, right?

SNL will suffer. How will Alec Baldwin get paid?

We crack KellyAnne and then we crack the lock on Trump’s whole dirty history.

Trump will probably write the book himself about how unfair everyone has been to him.

We’ve got our party rock antham:

This is what Paul Ryan has been waiting for. Cue the Hamilton “My Shot” music: We’ll have to see if the party actually happens, or if the feds will call it off. 

Sources:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-commu…

http://elitedaily.com/news/politics/trump-impeachment-party/1793004/

Taylor currently works in television production in New York City. Her current project was for a Sesame Work Shop show called 'Helpsters' that is now streaming on AppleTV. While at Appalachian State University, Taylor majored in Film and Creative Writing. She enjoys reality TV, college basketball, binge-watching Netflix, eating Mexican food, and cuddling with her cats. Her dream is to be a television show writer. For inquries, she can be reached at taylorpdills@gmail.com https://www.linkedin.com/in/taylordills/