This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

It’s 2022 and January is almost over. “Hello Dr. Strange, I’d like you to stop now.” Seriously, is it just me or has this month flown by fast? Whatever you think, I’d like to take a second to say welcome to a new year and (dare I say) a new me.

Within the past year, I’ve learned new things and made changes in my life which have impacted me in a great way. I started using both my head and heart to make decisions and have never felt more empowered. I started thinking about the now and stopped focusing so much on what’s to come. I changed my career path, ended a long-time friendship, moved into my own apartment, started paying my own renters insurance and became a more private person. The list goes on really, but I’d rather not bore you lol. 

I have grown and am still growing into the woman I have always wanted to be. With that being said, I want to remind you that it’s never too late to change. Every day is a fresh start; a new chapter if you will. Hoping other things and people are going to change is not realistic and quite frankly, a waste of your time. The only way things will change is through your own doing. I urge you to look in the mirror and envision the best, most authentic version of yourself. Take this positive uplifting feeling and use it to fuel your goals and motivations. It’s 2022 baby! Look at this new year as a reset. Even though it’s almost February, there’s no set date to start your resolutions and act on them. 

With Love,

Ariana 

PS: You’ll have days when you’re frustrated and upset, sad and lonely, and energetic when others are not. You’ll have days when you want to procrastinate and not leave the house, and you’ll have days when you’re just plain bored; that’s okay. We are all human and nobody has a good day every single day (I sure don’t). Just remember, these moments do not define you and who you are. You are loved and you are one of a kind. 

Peace and love everyone and I’ll see you next week! 

Ariana Fuentes

App State '23

Optimistic at the moment