This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Thanksgiving break has come to mean many different things to collegiettes. Whether you’re excited to spend time with your family, chow down on a traditional Turkey dinner, or hit the stores on Black Friday for great deals, everyone can look forward to some relaxing time at home. And what better way to relax than by watching Netflix? I’ll just tell you, there is no better way! I’ve made a list of a few of my Netflix favorites right now that is perfect for a movie marathon over break. Happy watching everyone!

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

This independent film carries several big names like Aubrey Plaza from NBC’s Parks and Rec and Jake Johnson from Fox’s New Girl. But the stars in the movie aren’t what make it so great, Plaza’s character works as an undercover journalist doing a story on a man who believes he has the tools and ability to travel through time and space. The dialogue ranges from funny to heartbreaking and keeps you hooked all the way to the end.

Skyfall (2012)

Daniel Craig is back in his role as MI6’s Agent 007, James Bond. The third movie in the recently reprised James Bond series delves into a whole other side of Bond’s dark past. The action scenes in the movie are brilliantly smooth as you would expect from any Bond movie. As always Daniel Craig shows that it’s not about the weapons, but the man who uses them.

The Breakfast Club (1985)

Once again, The Breakfast Club is back on Netflix and I for one couldn’t be happier about it. This quintessential 1980’s movie will remain in our hearts forever and is definitely worth a good throwback every once in a while. If you have yet to see it, I’d watch this one first! The movie will have you laughing and pondering life just like these high school kids of the 80’s once did. Watch this movie and then try to tell me you wouldn’t fall for bad-boy Judd Nelson too.

The Kids Are All Right (2010)

Julian Moore, Josh Hutcherson, Mark Ruffalo, and Mia Wasikowska are just a few of the starring leads in this modern day family movie. The film explores the relationships between two kids trying to connect with their sperm donor father and at the same time maintain the bonds with their loving mothers. The story is a serious drama but also a great comedy at times and gives insight to modern day family structures. Not to mention, the soundtrack for the film is pretty killer too.

Alla Hill

App State

Alla Hill is a Junior at Appalachian State University working towards a degreee in Nutrition and Foods with a concentration in Dietetics. She is originally from Greenville, SC but loves being able to call the High Country home for now! Alla's interests include creative writing, hiking, shoe shopping, cooking with friends, collecting bumper stickers, and tumblr blogging.