This Season On The Bachelor….

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

On this season of the Bachelor, 30 beautiful women have come to fight for the love of Chris Soules.  Chris Soules is a farmer from northeast Iowa.  Essentially, he lives in the middle of a lot of corn but is a multi-millionaire with a 6-pack so suddenly Iowa seems a lot more appealing.  There have been a wide variety of contestants on this season including 2 virgins and a plus size model.  The charming and sometimes eccentric personalities of these girls always add to the entertainment and drama of this hit-show.  Here is all you need to know about some of the stand-out contestants of the Bachelor this season.

Ashley I.:  This girl could fit right in with the Kardashians with her exotic looks, however she comes with just as much drama as the Kardashians.  From sneaking into Chris’s tent on the group date, to granting the farm boy three wishes if he rubbed her belly-button ring, Ashley I. has shown her wild side.  She is also infamous for her terrifyingly long spider-like lashes (seriously tone down the fake eyelashes).  Hopefully Chris will come to his senses soon and send her packing because America can’t handle another drunk cry from Ashley I.

Ashley S.:  Even though Ashley S. was sent home week 4, this season would not have been complete without her antics.  Ashley S. was not afraid to bring her crazy to the forefront.  For some reason, it seemed like Ashley S. was always a little too drunk or just on another planet.  The second-hand embarrassment was a little too overwhelming while watching her but she will be missed.

Britt: She definitely seems to be the front-runner after winning the first impression rose and the first kiss with Chris in the premiere.  Also could double for Nick Lachey’s wife, Vanessa Minnollo.  After riding her wave of favoritism, she managed to go full on crazy when she interrogated Chris about his intentions on the show.  Even if she doesn’t make it to the end she has an impeccable ombre which should be applauded.

Jade: Until week 4, pretty much no one knew who this chick was.  Jade was able to win over the Soule sisters and won herself a Cinderella one-on-one date (as well as a pair of Louboutins and Neil Lane diamond earrings).  They bonded over living in the middle of nowhere; she’s from Nebraska.  It was a beautiful date while not-so-subtlty promoting the new Cinderella movie.

Kelsey: She managed to stay fairly low key up until week 5 when she talked about her late husband.  She felt that it was urgent to tell Chris she was a widow.  She snuck into his room explained how her husband died, then proceeded to make out with Chris, (not sure how death sets the mood but whatever.)  She then goes onto describe her story as “amazing” with a huge grin on her face which is when all of American unanimously agreed Kelsey is indeed insane.  The episode ended with her on the floor having a “panic attack”.  Yeah right, Kelsey.

Kaitlyn: Thank goodness for Kaitlyn and her comic relief.  She was a little questionable at first in the season premiere when she told Chris he could plow her field any day.  Honestly, who wasn’t thinking that? But voicing it on national television was questionable, at best.  Kaitlyn is the definition of a fun girl.  Hopefully, she and her on-point humor sticks around for a few more weeks.

MacKenzie: She has a strange obsession with aliens, noses, and her son’s name is Kale, as in the vegetable. Why is she still here, who knows.

Ashley I Ashley S Britt Jade Kelsey Kaitlyn MacKenzie