Reasons You Love Your Best Friend… Told By The Her Campus Team

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Having someone you can count on for the little things and the big things, someone who can pick you up when you’re feeling down, someone who doesn’t judge you no matter what the topic is and is there for you no matter how near or far you are…these are just a few of the things that make up what being a best friend is. Some of the Her Campus App State team members described what it is about their best friend that they love so much.

Hillary Stevens’ best friend is Sara. Hillary says, “I love her because she can ALWAYS make me laugh, no matter how sad or upset I am! She’s always ready to do something crazy with me, and supports me through everything. If I miss anything while I’m abroad, it’s her! She’s such an amazing woman inside and out and someone I know I can always count on. She’s the best!”

Katalin Morehouse says her longtime friend Christa pretty much been through it all. “We’ve fought, but then, we can make up just like that. We might not be as close as we used to be what with her baby and my school, but we can still talk like nothing’s changed.”

Madison Barlow says her best friend, Casey is “so passionate about everything she does, and inspires me to put my best foot forward and think outside of the box.”

Katy Huis adores her 3 best friends, Alla, Savannah, and Tess, and says “when all four of us are together, we balance each other out perfectly. No topic is off limits between us, and I can be completely myself without fearing judgement. Each one of us brings unique qualities to the friendship, and I cherish getting to spend my four years with these three by my side! And best of all, next year we’re going to be roomies! I can’t wait to spend senior year with them.”

Kalin Rierson says basically her entire pledge class in Chi Omega are her best friends because “they’ve always been my rocks throughout college.”

Joan Palumbo and her best friend Mandy have been best friends for almost 17 years! “Even though we live far away from each other, I know she’ll always have my back.”

Kacey Howard says that even though 147 miles separate her from Morgan, she is Kacey’s best friend. “We make each other a better person every day. I know that she will always be there for food or spontaneous things to do. I’m an only child and am considered the fourth sister of her family. I know that Morgan is going to be there no matter what and no matter what is going on, I love her so much and am so blessed to call her my best friend!”

Grace Peralta says her best friend is Christina. “She’s my best friend because she’s extremely kind hearted, loyal, down to earth, and one of the funniest people I know. She has a huge heart and will go out of her way for not only her friends, but for strangers, too. She’s always down for a good time and thanks to her “why not” attitude, we have the funniest and best memories together. We roomed together freshman year and she’s been my best friend ever since!”

Erin McKenzie’s best friend is Kelly, who is also her big sister in their sorority, Sigma Kappa. “She is my best friend because she is my home away from home since she is also from my hometown in Michigan and also in my sorority at App!”

I’m lucky enough to have Taylor as my best friend. I’ve known her since the first month of my freshman year, and there isn’t a single thing I haven’t told her since then. I know that she would be there for me at the drop of a hat, and there isn’t anything that I can’t trust her with. I can count on Taylor to always be down to go on a crazy adventure, walk around King Street with me, or have a lazy night watching movie while doing face masks. She is always able to cheer me up and laugh with me later about crazy things. I can’t express how thankful I am to have her in my life or how much I love her!

There isn’t a whole lot of time left in college, and life is shorter than you’d think, so don’t forget to thank your best friend and tell them you love them, even for the little things that seem normal to you two! A best friend lasts through the thick and the thin, so you should cherish your bestie for the restie. 

Amber Layfield, senior at Appalachian State studying psychology and criminal justice, teaches Pilates and Yoga, and is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Appalachian State!  Enjoys hiking in Boone, getting lost in a great book, dabbling in cooking, knitting, creating jewelry, and writing. An avid animal, coffee, pizza, Harry Potter and Pinterest lover.