This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

With the semester coming to a close, this means more free time. I have been finding books that match the cozy vibe and will be great for my reading list, so if you are also looking for some book recommendations, I put together some of my favorite books I have read and ones I plan on reading this December. 

A Holly Jolly Ever After by Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone 

Winne Baker is a Hope Channel actress who has been craving to change her world since her public divorce. Kallum Libermanis is an ex-boyband member whose name gained more attention after the release of a sex tape from a wedding he attended. In attempts to rebuild both of their images, they get cast as co-stars in a steamy Christmas romance movie, bringing them closer together than just co-stars. 

Icebreaker by Hannah Grace 

Anastasia and Nathan are brought together after one of their practice rinks is destroyed leading them to share one rink. Her figure skating and his hockey team, with several attempts to develop a friendship with her, she cannot stand him. But when she needs a new skating partner it brings them closer than ever. 

All About Us by Tom Ellen 

Ben and Daphne have been together for 15 years but this Christmas their relationship is extremely rocky. When Ben’s old love interest comes back into the picture he wonders if he has made the right choice and where he went wrong in his life. But one night after a night with his friend at the bar he wakes up back in 2005, the day he started his relationship with Daphne. So now he has a choice to make: go down the same path or change his life story entirely. 

With Love, from Cold World by Alicia Thompson 

Lauren Fox and Asa Williamson are coworkers at the tourist attraction of Cold World Ski Resort in the sunny state of Florida. Lauren is more interested in following the rules. Asa’s laid-back, carefree behavior annoyed her the most. But when their boss asks for ideas to bring more traction to the Cold World. Deciding to work together pairing Asa’s well-versed knowledge of the Cold World and Lauren’s stickler for organization they would come up with the best idea for their boss. They will have to work together constantly not only developing a perfect idea for the Cold World but also feelings they have for one another.

Savanna Hall

App State '25

Hi, I'm Savanna. I am a junior Creative writing major with a minor in apparel design. I'm from a small town here in North Carolina and have always loved the mountains. I love all things fashion and reading a good book.