Makeup in a Minute: For College Girls on the Run

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I’m one of those girls that likes her beauty sleep, and sometimes, I cut it a little close when I’m getting ready for class. So, I created a recipe for the quickest way to get ready when you might have slept in a little too late!

Let’s start with makeup. I’ve picked out 3 of my staple makeup items that I couldn’t go without and are quick and easy!

First is BB cream. I really like this product because it evens out your skin tone, PLUS it has sunscreen in it. (I use the Garnier BB Cream with sunscreen in it – you can find it in the makeup isle at Walmart!) For all you fair-skinned beauties, you never want to go without a little sunscreen on your face to protect your skin! Instead of applying sunscreen and then makeup, why not just combine the two?

After this, add a little blush to your cheekbones! Blush is always nice because it adds color to your face after you evened out your skin with the BB cream.

And the last step is mascara! For me, I usually have to curl my eyelashes but mascara just finishes out the look and adds nice definition to your eyes. If you usually like a little eyeliner, just keep the mascara wand at the root of your eyelashes and don’t bring it through to the end of your lash! This will make it seem like you have eyeliner on while defining your lashes in just one step!

This makeup routine is short, sweet, and effective, but we all know bed head isn’t the best look for anyone. Depending on the time you have, you usually have a few options. First, if your hair is a little greasy, use dry shampoo; its been a lifesaver for me on multiple occassions! I really like the Dove brand, it’s light, and it doesn’t leave unneeded residue in your hair. If you’re really short on time before you have to dash for class, master the sock bun or the fish tail braid! The sock bun is always classy and cute, and super easy to do. If you go for the fish tail look, you could even add a cute hat. I love the fish tail because it adds a nice twist to the regular braid, plus its quick and it looks good on everyone!

If you’re a little more motivated and have more than five minutes you have a few more options. Usually if I’m running low on time, but I have enough time to do a little something to my hair, I like to add a little wave to it! The key to a quick and pretty hairstyle is going with the way your hair is naturally. My hair is naturally wavy, so I like to add a little curls with a curling iron to amp it up a little bit! Maybe put your hair in a half pony, or even just let it all fly with a cute headband! Enhance that natural beauty ladies!

This entire routine can take as little as five minutes, and it adds a fresher look than just rolling out of bed and heading to class!