This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

In just one week, an egg (yes, you read that right) overtook Kylie Jenner to obtain world record status for the most-liked Instagram post of all time.

The caption read “Let’s set a world record together and get the most liked post on Instagram. Beating the current world record held by Kylie Jenner (18 million)! We got this.”

Kylie Jenner held the Instagram record for nearly a year with photo of her newborn daughter’s hand wrapped around her finger. 

By Sunday evening, the egg photo, posted by Egg Gang (@world_record_egg), amassed over 21 million likes. It is the only non-human post in the top 20 most-liked posts on Instagram. 

Jenner offered a rebuttal on her Instagram page with a video of herself cracking an egg captioned “Take that little egg.”

Dianna is a graduate of the class of 2019 at Appalachian State University where she studied Public Relations, Journalism and English. At Her Campus, she served as App State's campus correspondent and editor-in-chief.