How to Get Fashionable Necklaces on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

If you’re like me, statement necklaces’ coming into style was a trend that was right up your alley, but buying an all-new accessory wardrobe was not. After a lot of trial and error, I think I’ve figured out some sneaky ways to get the look for less.

First of all, always be on the look out for a sale. Especially a buy one get one free sale! Make sure to keep an eye on some of your favorite stores that sell chunky necklaces, or better yet, sign up for an email list so that you can be notified when one is going on.
Retail Price: $40 each
I Paid: $20 each

Second, and this kind of ties in with the first, make sure you are on an email list for your favorite stores. Stores are known to do secret sales or some kind of discount on birthdays. Some send you discounts for no reason! (FYI, Vera Bradley is one of them). For instance, I got 18% off on this necklace from an email sent out by Hand Picked.
Retail Price: $25
I Paid: $20

This one is more of a “just-so-you-know” rather than a tip, but just-so-you-know, Forever 21 is a great place to shop for necklaces! They have great, fair prices, and I can never resist getting a new one every time I’m there.
Retail Price: $10-$15 each

Another quick suggestion, make sure you ask around about a local store in your hometown that sells cute, low priced accessories. Every town has a secret place you’ve probably never heard about that has awesome stuff. PS, if you’re from Charlotte, it’s Versona.
Retail Price: $10-$15 each

This next tip is the one I am most proud of discovering! I’m not sure why it took me this long to discover this, but it turns out Ebay is the best place to find statement necklaces for way less than their retail price. Seriously, you are missing out.
Retail Price: $150
I Paid: $10 EACH and FREE SHIPPING. How have I not been doing this forever?

The point is, buying stylish necklaces doesn’t have to cost you a pretty penny. With patience and these helpful tips, you’ll be rocking chic accessories in no time!

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!