Getting to Class: A Boone Collegiette’s Struggle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Getting to class in Boone is an incredibly unique experience. It takes extreme endurance and dedication. Luckily, us App State collegiettes have it down to science….

We all start the morning in our warm comfy beds, almost oblivious as to what waits outside….

(source)

But then we are immediately struck with the reminder of the cold weather we are about to face, and that is a major wake up call!

(source)

We layer up with every fuzzy jacket, scarf and set of mittens we can find until we literally “can’t put our arms down.”

(source)

We begin the trek to class and sadly realize that our layering efforts were futile, because the Boone wind is a force to be reckoned with.

(source)

But after walking uphill in the snow both ways, we see our class building in sight and begin to pick up the pace.

(source)

Finally, WE MAKE IT TO CLASS! It doesn’t take long for us to realize that it is incredibly too warm inside to be wearing so many layers, and start sweating profusely in class.

(source)

And it’s hard to remember why you were so cold in the first place.

(source)

additional photo source: http://www.news.appstate.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/snowworkers.jpg

Katy Huis

App State

Katy Huis is a Junior Elementary Education Major studying at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. She enjoys reading, writing, eating and talking. She finds enjoyment in children, animals and her family and friends.