This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

1. Pumpkin Cookies

For a more traditional, simple Halloween treat, pumpkin sugar cookies might be just what you need. 

Just cut rolled sugar cookie dough into pumpkin-shapes and bake as directed!  Once cookies are cooled, decorate them like jack-o-lanterns with your favorite frosting.

2. Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats

Another simple treat to try to try this Halloween are  these candy corn shaped Rice Krispies. Follow the original Rice Krispie recipe, just shape them in triangles, ice them, and you’re good to go! 

3. Dipped Oreos 

This next recipe is for those a bit more daring in the kitchen – Halloween themed oreos!

You’ll need  1/4 pound white melting chocolate, Purple and Orange Candy Color,  20 Oreos and some Halloween Sprinkles.  Carefully melt the white chocolate, add in the candy color, dip your Oreos and top with sprinkles

4. Popcorn Balls

Last but not least, these popcorn pops are a must-have! 

To make 12 two-inch popcorn pops you will need:

– 6 cups of popped corn

Sticky Mixture:

Combine 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar, 1/4 cup reduced-calorie light corn syrup and 2 tablespoons unsalted butter in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. As soon as the syrup starts to bubble, cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is melted and the mixture darkens, about 2 minutes. Proceed with Step 3.

Coat with Roll-Ins:

Coconut flakes 

Finely chopped nuts 

Sprinkles

1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Fill a bowl with ice water. Put 6 heaping cups of popped corn in a large bowl. 

2. Prepare the sticky mixture 

3. Immediately stir the mixture into the popcorn until well coated.

4. Dip both hands in the ice water. Quickly and firmly press the popcorn mixture into 2-inch balls. Roll in or sprinkle with 1/4 cup Roll-Ins, if using, while still a little damp and sticky. Place on the prepared baking sheet. 

5. To store, individually wrap in plastic and store in an airtight container.

*Recipes found from: ricekrispies.com, eatingwell.com, and laurenconrad.com.