Five Reasons Why Spring in Boone is the BEST!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Even though winter is refusing to go away, coming back from spring break gets me so excited for spring in Boone. Although we only get to go to school in good weather for a couple of weeks, I am completely convinced spring is better in Boone than anywhere else.

1. People come out of hiding! For the last couple of months, Sanford mall has been so sad to walk by. But once the temperatures start to rise, the slack-liners, sunbathers and banjo-playing people of Boone come out to play. It makes walking on campus so energizing and fun!
  2. The promise of summer, which according to everyone is absolutely amazing up here! Sadly, I won’t be staying up here this summer, but I can look forward to no school, beach trips, and spending time with friends!
  3. Clothes- I cannot wait to pack up my sweaters, leggings, and boots, and welcome in pastels, floral, and sandals! Getting dressed when its warm is just way more fun, and the colors and patterns just put me in a great mood!
  4. The scenery. Although nothing beats the view in the fall, it is super beautiful in the spring too. Everything just comes alive! Going to the parkway is the perfect thing to do on a warm Saturday, too!
  5. As weird as it might sound, everything gets more social too! There are tons of philanthropy events on the weekends, cool programs on Sanford mall, and weather finally stops ruining my Saturday night plans!

I could talk about my love of spring for hours, but these reasons prove why it really is the best season! So hopefully winter will get out of here so we can enjoy some beautiful days in Boone!