This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

When most college girls go to the gym, they throw on a pair of Nike shorts and a big shirt and head out the door.  It is time to say goodbye to your staple outfit and re-vamp your fitness wardrobe!  There are cute workout options at every price point.  With the bitter cold Boone weather, it is very important to dress appropriately when walking or running outside.

Target: Target offers a great line at an affordable price.  Their line, Champion, carries everything from sports bras to yoga pants.  They always have a large clearance section for girls on a budget.    

Kohls:  Kohls also is another great place for affordable fitness gear.  They carry Nike products as well as a lower priced line by FILA.  The majority of my work out gear is from Kohls and I love it!  Kohls also sells a number of brand name sneakers. 

[pagebreak]

GapFit: GapFit offers a collection of brightly colored workout gear.  These fashionable options will have you feeling great as you walk into the gym.  Price ranges from $20 to $70 for most GapFit clothes.  GapFit collections can be found in any Gap stores. 

Athleta:  Athleta is owned by the same company that owns Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Piperlime.  This brand ranges from about $30 to $80 for their collection.  This company offers a 30% discount for certified fitness instructors.  Check out this selection at Athleta and receive free shipping on all orders over $50.

[pagebreak]

Lululemon:  This store offers very fashionable workout options at a high price point.  Lululemon makes clothes that range from low-support to high-support.  Lululemon incorporates details like adjustable straps and removable cups to make sure they fit all different shapes and sizes.  This store designs their collection to allow women fashionable options for the gym.  The Lululemon website offers free standard shipping anywhere in the U.S.

Most college women do not think about spending money on fitness clothes.  When you look great, you feel great, and when you feel great, you are more likely to have a good workout!

Senior Marketing and Management major at App State.