This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Name: Dylan Lawing
Age: 20
Class: Junior
Hometown: Lincolnton, NC
Major: Electronic Media/Broadcasting – Sports Broadcasting
Relationship Status: Single

Q: When you’re not in the classroom, where can we find you on campus or in Boone?
A: You will most likely find me either in the SRC or the Quinn Center. I spend most of my free time there playing basketball, indoor soccer or working out. I am very active person so these two places are where you have the greatest chance to find me.

Q: What do you like most about being a Resident Assistant on campus?
A: The thing I like most about being an RA is the relationships that you create. Those relationships consist of being good friend with your residents, creating a strong bond with the hall staff that you work with so closely, and the friendships you create with other RA’s throughout the campus.

Q: What 5 words best describe you?
A: Five words to describe me? This is tough because I don’t want to sound conceited at all. But since I have to choose, they would consist of: Athletic, Funny, Trustworthy, Outgoing, and Caring.

Q: Do you have any guilty pleasures?
A: I guess my main guilty pleasure would be watching chick flicks. I know it’s strange and may be funny. But in all seriousness, I honestly don’t mind sitting down with someone (preferably a girl) and watching a good chick flick (The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, etc.)

Q: What’s on your bucket list?
A: The number one thing at the top of my bucket list is to go skydiving. I love heights so skydiving fits right into that category.

Q: What’s your favorite dessert?
A: Rice Krispy treats would have to be my favorite dessert. They are simple, yet effective, and with my food allergy, it is one of the few desserts I can enjoy.

Q: Describe your idea of a dream date.
A: My idea of a dream date would consist of going ice-skating at night then heading back to the apartment/room to order pizza and watch a movie. This is just something simple because I enjoy spending quality time with a good girl.

Q: Who is your celebrity crush?
A: This one is a no brainer, Rachel McAdams, hands down. She has natural beauty and her smile is just gorgeous.

Q: What’s the first thing you notice about a girl?
A: The first thing I notice about a girl is their smile. The smile tells you a lot about them. A big beautiful smile is a definite plus in a girl.

Q: Describe your dream girl.
A: My dream girl would have beautiful eyes that would complement a wonderful smile. She would have to be someone who was very caring and who was willing to drop anything and everything to come to you when you need her. Some qualities that she would have would be intelligence and a sense of humor—humor is the most important quality. Another plus would be if she was somewhat sarcastic and can dish out a smart remark when I do something stupid. If she has a southern accent (not a thick one, but a decent one) that would be the most beautiful thing.

Q: Biggest turn on? Biggest turn off?
A: Since I am very into sports, the biggest turn on for me would be an athletic girl. She doesn’t have to be an all-star at every sport, but some who is coordinated enough to catch and throw a ball back and forth.

The biggest turnoff for me is a tie between two things: a smoker and a shorthanded texter. I am not saying I hate smokers, but if I wanted to date a girl and she turned out to be a smoker, I couldn’t go any further than friends. Then there’s the shorthanded texter. That right there is just annoying, just type the word “you” instead of “u.” It’s not that complicated; just spell out the whole word.

Q: What’s your favorite place to take a girl in Boone?
A: My favorite place to take a girl in Boone would be to the restaurant Proper. It is known for their wonderful southern cooking. In addition, it is romantic and it is within a college student’s budget. But the place wouldn’t matter if the girl likes you enough, just being there is enough.

I am a 2015 graduate of Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina. I graduated summa cum laude with a degree in communication, journalism. Upon graduation, I moved to Nashville, Tennessee to work for my college sorority, AOII. I am currently the Assistant Director of Communications of AOII and Editor of our internationally-circulated magazine, To Dragma. I'm a fitness enthusiast through and through. I love weightlifting, running and boxing, and I am always up for a new workout! I am also a coffee addict with a killer sweet tooth. When I'm not at work or at the gym, you can find me scoping out the latest and greatest coffee and donut spots in Nashville.  I've been part of the Her Campus team since 2012, when I joined App State's team of writers. I was the CC of my chapter my senior year, as well as a Chapter Advisor. I have remained a CA since graduating, and I love having the opportunity to stay connected to Her Campus in this role!
Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!