The Coolest Girl at School: Meet Ellie Jo Jenkins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

It’s not every day that you meet a woman who is beautiful, intelligent, a seasoned traveler, AND a lover of all things concerts and music festivals, but it is the norm when you have someone like Ellie Jo Jenkins in your life.

Ellie Jo is a junior Public Relations major with a minor in Psychology who is graduating in Decmber of 2016…impressive, I know. Ellie Jo’s dream job is to be the head of PR for the Washington National’s baseball team. Any time there’s a baseball game on, you can find Ellie Jo with her Washington National’s hat on, at Tapp, with a Corona Light (with two limes) in her hand. Ellie Jo is also a brand new barista at Kojay’s Coffee House and Cafe, so pay her a visit for a yummy treat!

Ellie is in a happy relationship with her long-term boyfriend, Brian, and she enjoys going to Grandfather Mountain with him to look at bears, becuase she loves them, eating vegetarian Tapp tacos, and forcing him to pet every dog with her at any given time.

This past weekend, Ellie spent 24+ hours in the car to see her all time favorite band, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, at the New Orleans Jazz Festival. Not only did she document the entire weekend via Twitter in the most hilarious way possible, but also had all of her dreams realized alongside some of her closest friends.

If you’re looking for a girl to re-watch The Office with, drive on the Parkway with, eat a lot of queso with, or head to a concert with, Ellie Jo is your girl, and trust me, she’s a great one.

Jennifer is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Sociology. When she isn't writing, Jennifer is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta-Nu Alpha, is writing music, is making your favorite coffee, stopping every stranger on the street to pet their dogs, probably napping, and giving glory to The Lord for all of the opportunities she has been given.