Is ASU Really North Carolina’s #1 Party School?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

If you haven’t seen the article that’s making the rounds on Facebook, make sure you check it out because apparently, Appalachian State has beat out UNC-Wilmington, Warren Wilson College, NCSU, and ECU for the top party school in North Carolina! (Click here to read the article)

While I have never been to a party at any of the other colleges, I have heard through the grapevine that ECU prides itself on being a BIG party school. So how was it that ASU won?

Oh yeah, because an ASU student holds the “Princeton Review record for performing an extended simultaneous mega bong/keg stand and nailing them with a double-round off dismount” (which to me, is a very questionable claim) and also because of when some people jumped into Duck Pond after learning of Osama Bin Laden’s death. (Video here)

Wow. Very classy, App State.

Now, I don’t want to be that annoying girl/borderline old lady that is uppity about everyone’s decisions, but with so many other things going for ASU, should we really be proud of this?

I’m all about representing the best side of you and ASU has so much going for it (beautiful scenery, good academics and athletics, very sustainable, etc.) that I don’t think we should take pride in this. While, yes, college is a time where we’re supposed to go out and have as fun of a time as we can before going out into the “real world,” I would rather have the ability to say I went to a small, yet distinguished, university than say I went to the #1 party school in North Carolina.

But, that’s just me.

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!