Appalachian Bae-Watch: Chase Marshall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Meet Chase Marshall!

Age: 22

Year: Senior

Major: Computer Science

Hometown: Huntersville, North Carolina

Relationship Status: Single

Fantasy Career: I would love to be a sound technician. It doesn’t sound glamorous, but anything that would keep me around music technology would be preferred.

Meet the newest member of Appalachian’s Campus Bae-Watch, and the self-proclaimed Schmidt from “New Girl”. (I can vouch for this)

Chase is pretty involved on the campus and between classes you can find him working on the leadership team for CRU, a college campus ministry, or working on the managing team for a student run start-up dealing with outdoor gear rentals, called AdRENTure.

Chase would describe his perfect date as pretty non-traditional:

“Obviously you can’t go wrong with a nice dinner, but nothing beats looking at stars on the parkway, taking a trip out to an old country store, going strawberry picking, et cetera. Anything out of the ordinary is best; dating shouldn’t be a mundane task.”

In five years, Chase hopes to have himself pretty well established in his job post graduation at Lowe’s Hardware while also starting more small ventures on the side. As far as his personal life goes, though, he has absolutely no clue. “I guess we’ll see what happens!”

Kalin Rierson is a senior Marketing major and is the Co-Director of Social Media. Campus involvement is a top priority for her, as she is a member of Chi Omega Fraternity, Her Campus, Contributing Editor for The Odyssey Online, and a member of the Club Triathlon team. She enjoys Family Feud, sarcasm, and Mcdonald's Diet Coke.