Style

5 WOMEN-OWNED BRANDS WE CAN’T WAIT TO SHOP THIS SUMMER

Updated Published

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

This season, as we eagerly prepare to dive into the warmer months, we can’t help but celebrate the creativity, innovation, and passion of women-owned brands leading the charge in sustainable fashion. From vibrant swimwear lines to retro-inspired eyewear, these five brands not only offer stylish summer essentials but also prioritize eco-conscious practices, making them the perfect choice for fashion-forward individuals with a heart for the planet. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the world of these trailblazing women and discover the must-have pieces we can’t wait to shop this summer.

1. NUA SWIM

Nua Swim, founded by Ananda Saba, is a vibrant fusion of culture, confidence, and conscious living. Ananda’s journey from the sun-soaked beaches of Brazil to the bustling streets of New York City ignited her passion for fashion and sparked her creative flair. Inspired by her Brazilian roots and her love affair with the beach, she set out to create a swimwear line that exudes the essence of Brazilian sensuality and captures the rhythm and soul of the country. The woman-owned brand proudly uses luxurious eco-friendly fabrics while giving back to the community through donations to the Brazil Foundation’s Amazon Fund.

1. KŌRARU

Meet Oana Romaneiro, the founder behind Kōraru, a vibrant fusion of fashion and sustainability inspired by the Japanese word for ‘coral’. With a background shaped by coastal living and global exploration, Oana infuses each swimsuit with the essence of beachside bliss. Drawing from 15 years of experience in the fashion industry, Oana embeds Kōraru with her passion for slow fashion and eco-conscious practices. The result? Swimwear that not only exudes playfulness but also embodies sustainability. Designed to embrace you like a luxurious second skin, their suits reflect impeccable craftsmanship and a touch of seaside elegance. Beyond its aesthetic appeal, each piece symbolizes Kōraru’s dedication to circularity, where waste is transformed into raw materials, and every garment’s lifecycle is carefully considered.

1. CHEEKI SWIM

Nestled among the sun-kissed shores and swaying palms of Hawaii, Cheeki Swim by Gigi Scholbi embodies the island’s vibrant spirit and commitment to sustainability. With each handmade piece, Gigi infuses her love for design with the tranquility of the Hawaiian landscape, creating swimsuits that celebrate both elegance and eco-consciousness. From the playful prints inspired by tropical flora to the durable craftsmanship suited for island adventures, Cheeki Swim invites women to embrace their unique beauty while honoring the natural world. 

1. GIANT VINTAGE

While on the hunt for new stylish eyewear for the summer, Her Campus at App State discovered Giant Vintage. At the helm of Giant Vintage, Annabelle, fueled by a lifelong passion for fashion and vintage eyewear, curates a collection of true vintage sunglasses dating back over 20 years. Her journey, from styling music videos to founding Giant Vintage alongside her mother in 2020, reflects a deep-seated love for the transformative power of fashion. Each pair of sunglasses she hand-selects tells a story of bygone eras, offering customers a chance to traverse through fashion history. With a commitment to authenticity and individuality, Giant Vintage celebrates the diversity of vintage eyewear, empowering customers to become style icons with unique, one-of-a-kind pieces that transcend time and trend!

1. ASTA RESORT

Have amazing travel plans this summer? You need to check out Asta Resort. Founded by Helena, whose Danish and Australian roots infuse every design with timeless charm, Asta Resort embodies the nostalgia of travel, fashion, food, and art. Inspired by luxury hospitality, Asta Resort offers not just clothes, but an invitation to a destination where every outfit sparks joy and every accessory holds a memory. With a focus on knitwear as a medium for connection and sustainability, Asta Resort dreams of spreading its symbolic collections worldwide, preserving traditional techniques while embracing a future of zero-waste production. Guided by Helena and her sister Jasmine, this creative duo ensures that every piece is infused with attention to detail and a personal touch!

Madison Bailey

App State '23

Madison Bailey is a national writer at Her Campus Media focusing on all things style, beauty, and lifestyle. She works closely with the style and lifestyle verticals at Her Campus, including reviews, roundups, sustainable style, and pop-culture. After graduating from Appalachian State University in May 2023 where she was Campus Coordinator of Her Campus at App State, Madison has written for Teen Vogue, Modeliste Magazine, Global Garbs, and more. Her time as Head Writer for The Collective Magazine, Appalachian State’s fashion and culture magazine, sparked her passion for the exciting world of fashion. She is currently working in marketing at Modeliste Magazine where she’s able to celebrate her favorite things; fashion, beauty, and travel. In her free time, you can find Madison soaking in all the beauty that the Blue Ridge Mountains have to offer. Or, when she’s not writing, you can find her thrifting, sipping a raspberry matcha, or cooking her favorite vegan meals!