5 Signs That “He’s Just Not That Into You”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Let’s face it, girls. We’ve all had a rendezvous with a guy who gave us mixed signals. One minute he seems to be really into you and the next he’s not even texting you back. I feel it is my moral duty to warn you about the jerks you will probably face during your college career and warn you about the countless run-ins with Mr. Not Right At All. Here are the top five signs that he’s just not that into you:

1. Prefers Late Night Meetings
 Does the guy you’re talking to only want to see you late at night and at his apartment? Sorry, but this isn’t a coincidence. Typically this means one of three things: he doesn’t care to make time to see you during the day when other people are available, or he doesn’t want to take you out where people can see you together, or he just wants to hook up. None of these options are what any girl deserves, so do yourself a favor and move on!

2. Doesn’t Initiate Conversation

We are living in a new time, Collegiettes! Girls don’t have to wait around the phone for a guy to call them. We are allowed to text/call the guy we’re interested in. But do you catch yourself always being the one to initiate the conversation? If your guy doesn’t take the time to occasionally contact you first because he wants to talk, misses you, or just wants to say hi, then you’re probably not a priority.

3. Doesn’t Act Affectionate in Front of Others
Sure, you seem to have an affectionate relationship, but when no one’s around. When you both are around mutual friends, however, how does he act? If he’s distant, awkward, or just treats you like you’re any other girl, he’s not looking to show you off as his girlfriend.

4. Commitment-Phobia
 Does he avoid the DTR (Define The Relationship) question like the plague? It’s because he’s not interested in making the commitment. Take the hint and find a guy who would love to make you his one and only.

5. Pushy
We all have set ideals in our mind about what’s okay in a relationship and what’s not. Do you find your guy trying to coax you into doing things that you’ve told him you aren’t ready for? That should be a major red flag. Any guy who truly wants to be with you will respect your morals and be patient. If he doesn’t treat you with respect, he’s just not that into you.

Just remember, no guy is worth lowering your standards for. And if he’s acting like he’s just not that into you, maybe you should recognize that you’re just way too good for him! 

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!