3 Ways to Wear Green on St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day is always the same every year–those cheesy t-shirts with slogans like, “Kiss me, I’m Irish,” or the moment of panic when you realize that you don’t actually own anything green. Don’t let 2015 become a repeat of last year’s pinch fest! Maybe you don’t have anything green because you’ve always told yourself that green simply isn’t your color. Many don’t realize that there are tons of ways to incorporate green into your wardrobe for St. Patty’s Day without looking like a walking leprechaun! Here are just a few ways to stay festive and fun for the holiday:

For those that tend to shy away from bold emerald hues, try testing the waters with pastels or mint pieces. Ward off the inevitable pinching in style this year by opting for lighter versions of green. This shade of mint is perfect if you’re looking to channel a more feminine vibe. You can choose to go for a mint colored dress, or work with pastel accessories if you’re still aiming for a subtle and dainty look.

If pastels just don’t fit your spunky style, maybe army green will reflect your fashion choices better. Army green can be really versatile if you’re looking to add a little edge to your festive outfit. Most of us have something this color hanging in our closest already! Bring out that old military inspired jacket you haven’t worn in a while for an edgy, utilitarian look. If you’re looking for something other than a jacket, these are great options to work with that are still class appropriate.

We saved the brightest green for last: the notorious kelly green! This color is all about standing out, which can seem intimidating at first. Don’t let its brightness fool you though; there are many ways to work with this shade and still look chic! If you’re looking to make a statement, go for a kelly green dress or tunic. Just make sure to be a bit more subtle with the rest of your outfit so the main piece isn’t competing for attention!

Whichever way you choose to rock green this holiday, do it with confidence! That’s one accessory every colligiette should never leave their dorm without. So go out and find the shade of green that speaks to you the most!