10 Dogs I Would Rather Vote for This Election

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

With an intense election season upon us, it’s easy to get caught up in the whirlwind that is relentless political ads and screaming politicians. So in an effort to take break from this overwhelming couple of weeks, I have compiled a list of my choices for candidates who would lick our nation’s issues and look pretty dang cute doing it.

So without furtherado, here is my Puppies Candidates for this 2016 election.:

1. This Smiling Pitbull

Tell me that face doesn’t inspire confidence! This is an experienced pup with a solid, progressive plan for this nation, and an award winning smile. What more could you ask for in a candidate? 

2. This Grinning Golden

Seriously, how could you not love a smile like this? This is a dog that has seen the world through kind eyes and would love and respect you no matter who you are. With a heart nearly as big as she is, there’s no way that you couldn’t fall in love with a candidate like this one. 

3. This Fuzzy Pup

Now even though you can’t see his eyes, I can promise a pup like this can still see all the challenges and issues our country is facing today. This is a dog with determination and the best haircut on the ballot (Sorry, Trump), who is more than capable to rise to any challenge our great nation may face and look great doing it.

4. This Piece of Pure Sunshine

Now this is a dog who’s in it for the kids. This pup cares about our next generation and shaping our educational system into something that supports higher education and encourages every child to achieve everything that they can. The candidate is also pushing to allow dogs in schools too (a platform we are all behind). 

5. This Spotted Glory

There isn’t a candidate out there that looks as stunning as this one does! Never afraid to face a challenge, fashion or otherwise, this spotted leader will stand up for America and look great doing it. This dog would encourage above all else, pursuing creative and inspiring confidence in the youth of our nation to strive to use their creative spirit and ideas to make this nation better every day.

6. This STEM Inspired Pup

You know with ears like that, this pup would hear the issues the American people are facing and work to fix each and every one of them. This candidate understands the importance of technology in this progressive era and would work to integrate the newest technologies into all aspects of life in order to increase efficiency and accessibility for everyone. The only email scandal here is how cute this pup looks writing one!

7. This Groovy Gal

Now this is a candidate who understands how important it is to protect our Mother Earth. With an appreciation for our world’s natural beauty and the strength to protect it, this candidate would ensure that climate change was one of her keep platforms, and work to lessen our countries environmental impact every day she was in office. This is one green, groovy gal. 

8. This Dynamic Duo

What’s better than one incredible candidate? How about these two! These candidates know the importance of working together to make a change and create a more unified congressional front. Even though they come from separate sides of the aisle, these buds know how to compromise and put their differences aside to best represent the American people! 

9. This Goal Oriented Guy

This is a candidate who knows what he wants, and is going to work tirelessly to get it. This pug would work harder than anyone else, working overtime to ensure that the fate of the nation is in good hands no matter what. Have a task you need to be done? This candidate can get it done in half the time, and exceed all expectations. You go Pug. YGP. 

10. This Little Piece of Pure Joy

There isn’t a person that this little angel doesn’t love, so any of the foreign policy negotiations would be a blast. This pup could make the world a better place just by being in it, and if that isn’t what this nation needs right now, then I don’t know what is. 

There you have it folks, the top 10 candidates on my ballot! Now I know they aren’t on our actual ballots, (even if they are abundantly qualified), but there are great candidates who these pups would be happy to endorse. Research your local elections and your national elections, and go vote! No matter who you are voting for this election, please go vote. Your voice matters in this election, so use it.

Together we are going to change this great nation because the future is in our hands (or paws in their case). 

Images:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kaelintully/im-adorable-what-do-you-mean?utm_te…

http://www.vetstreet.com/dogs/dalmatian

entertainmentaroundtheworld – WordPress.com

http://ohwmagazine.com/rejuvenating-your-older-dog/