The Top 5 College-Friendly Halloween Makeup Tutorials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Have you begun to look up inspiration for Halloween costumes but hit a dead end?  Maybe it’s the limited amount of ghoulish clothing you brought with you to school.  Or the fact that your makeup collection does not have all seven shades of zombie flesh to blood.  Or the clear problem of all the tests and midterms and studying dampering any creative juices.  Whatever you dilemma is, never fear, HerCampus is here.  We have compiled eight videos by top YouTubers that show the best makeup styles for Halloween.  They are quick, easy and we promise will actually be in your closet!  Whether you want to look like a Queen or a Corpse, these top stars have your back.

AudreysChoice always has your back when you need makeup or style tips. In this classic video, she shows four looks that any collegiette can complete whether with the items in her own closet or just a trip to the local thrift shop.  These are fun, flirty and classroom friendly. 

Who wouldn’t want to be the Queen of Halloween, the lovable unloving daughter of the Addams Family, Wednesday Addams. This simple but dark look from MadeULook utilizes any natural palette and black body paint.  If you don’t have black body paint, black colored eyeliner, lipstick and eyeshadow can easily replace it.  

This look is great for all skin tones!  Summer Kellsey creates a look and outfit where you can look both fierce but in the holiday spirit. You may or may not want to wear this look to class, depending on how small your seminar is (or how vocal your teacher is). But, it is definitely ideal for your night out on Halloween. You will be the star of any party, ROAR!

So you want to look scary but you don’t want to spend the time completely reworking your face. The Chelsea smile by goldiestarling is definitely the piece for you!  It’s pretty gory as her video has an advisory in beginning, but if you have a strong stomach, you will love this tutorial!  It is easy to do and will turn a few heads on Hallow’s Eve.

We couldn’t have a makeup tutorial list without the great Michelle Phan. Her most college friendly look?  Her Flapper image!  For the more classic collegiettes, this 20s look will fit you best.  This will be a look that will make you look glamorous and many parts of it can be utilized in your day to day makeup. If you love making props, this look is great because there’s a lot flashy fun like headbands and necklaces.  If you wardrobe is a ModCloth haven, this is also for you!

We hope this helps inspire your Halloween Makeup!  Remember, that it’s all about having fun and loving how you look in the mirror. If you feel confident, it doesn’t matter what you do or what you wear.  Enjoy the holiday!

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.