My Semester Abroad: Prague Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.
“Gettin Squiddy Wit It”
S/o to cam for this title… we’ve been having serious debates about future blog post titles so let me know if you have any fantastic ideas. 

Anyway, more interesting things about this week- I joined a gym. What?! I know, but it was necessary cause I can’t give up on my D3 body by boyko babyeeeee. But it’s pretty nice and conveniently located next to the fried cheese and XXL hot dog stand… I’ve spent plenty o’time at the gym in between our intensive Czech classes. I’m pretty sure this is the hardest language in the world- I mean who spells ice cream “zmrzlina” and actually thinks people would be able to pronounce it. Took my first quiz today- nailed it, naturally… But actually got at least a C which is really all that matters because i just need a C in the class to get Amherst credit!! NICE!

Apart from skool (sp?) i’ve spent an excessive amount of time planning trips for this semester! Trips I now have set: Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Krakow, Munich. I’m getting cultured!! Speaking of cultured, Zayn came out with a new song “PILLOWTALK” and it is exactly what I’ve been missing all my life, a true work of art. I’m waiting for it to pick up here, but for now I don’t hate the fact that the Mamma Mia soundtrack and the YMCA are a major part of my weekend (Lucerna, the friday night club, is my nirvana).

In between planning trips and school I’ve been doing a ton of exploring- Nicole came this weekend with some friends from abroad and we did typical touristy stuff and some not so typical touristy stuff. We had plans to meet some friends at the Cat Cafe in Prague but apparently there is more than 1?? So, we ended up at what seemed like a man’s home but he let us in?? And gave us slippers?? And snacks and drinks and cats!! Turns out Rory is allergic to cats hahahahahahaha! But it was a little terrifying when he started turning red and his throat closed up 45 minutes into our stay. He survived, don’t worry, but it actually was a cool/bizarre experience that I likely will never repeat.  

We tried a bunch of new restaurants this week too and ended up in one of them to watch the super bowl last night (I lasted until the beginning of the second quarter aka <1 hour but had to do it for my homies- aka America). 

There are a million other stories from this week that I could add, but I can’t bc that’d be obnoxious! I’ll try to post again before Amsterdam this weekend!! TTFN”

Amherst College Senior, Amherst, MA. Member of Amherst Women's Varsity ice hockey team. Hometown is Washington, D.C