Halloween Costumes from Your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Somehow, Halloween at Amherst always ends up last three nights, which means you need three different costumes.  If you’re like me, you end up desperately looking around your room, trying to figure out how to come up with something brilliant out of what you already have three nights in a row.  Here are some ideas:

Toga: All you need is a sheet and some safety pins and you’ve got a costume in five minutes. 

Crayon: Wear all one color and use construction paper to make a cone hat in the same color.  Take another piece of paper and write the color crayon you are on it, and safety pin it to your stomach.

French person: All you need to do is wear all black, a scarf, and a beret and you’re good to go.  Extra points if you carry around a baguette and speak in a French accent.

Animal: If you want to go the “Mean Girls” rout, you can find an assortment of animal ears at Target.  A pair of bunny ears, a pair of cat ears, and some antlers, and you’re set for the weekend.

Amherst Fan: Deck yourself out in Williams Sucks gear and go around yelling about how Williams is a safety school.  Purple face paint is a bonus. 

Evelyn is the Editor-in-Chief of the Amherst branch of Her Campus. She was a features intern at Seventeen Magazine during the summer of 2011 and a features intern at Glamour Magazine during the summer of 2013. She is a French and English major in the class of 2014 at Amherst College. She is also on Amherst's varsity squash team. She is an aspiring travel writer/novelist, and loves running, ice cream, and Jane Austen.