Top 5 Fashion Blogs Every Collegiette Should Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Fashion blogs are quickly becoming a new medium for fashion news, opinions and feedback. They have humble beginnings like any website does. As the blog gains attention and more hits to their site, they have the potential to become go-to fashion authorities. For the typical, trendy collegiette, we scroll through fashion blogs to see what’s going on in the ever-changing world of fashion. Also, the bloggers make it easy to connect with them on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other social media outlets. We look to these sites to inspire and sometimes just to entertain us.

1. Man Repeller
Facebook: The Man Repeller
Twitter: @ManRepeller
Blog style: Quirky

man·re·pell·er

–noun; outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive mode that may result in repelling members of the opposite sex.

Man Repeller is a blog inspired by high fashion that’s purpose is to inspire and empower women. The blog highlights the most current trends that don’t necessarily attract men. Leandra Medine masterfully does this through what shecalled “Manstagrams” (Instagrams) and weekly posts.

2. Cupcakes and Cashmere
Facebook: Cupcakes and Cashmere
Twitter: @byEmily
Blog style: Fun, casual

This charming blog offers posts on fashion, food, how-to, and decorating. You will find yourself wishing you had the bloggers wavy blonde hair and structured outfits.

3. Wendy’s Lookbook
Facebook: Wendy’s Lookbook
Twitter: @WendyNguyen
Blog style: Classic

Wendy Nguyen will keep you coming back to her blog for her tasteful outfits and use of classic pieces. This blog will give you inspiration to recreate her looks. She has a Kardashian-vibe but masterfully pulls it off without looking too flashy or decked out in Louboutins.

4. The Pink Peonies
Facebook: Pink Peonies
Twitter: @rachparcell
Blog style: Cool preppy

This blog is more sophisticated than the others. Her outfits can give you tips for dressing for an interview or going to a formal event. If her standard pink lips and big sunnies don’t make you jealous, then her many bags and arm-fulls of bracelets will!

5. Lauren Conrad’s Blog
Facebook: Lauren Conrad
Twitter: @LaurenConrad
Blog style: Chic, fresh

There is not much to this blog other than the fact that it is the beautiful Lauren Conrad giving you her wisdom regarding fashion, beauty and life. She also gives you easy DIY projects and health tips. The best part of this blog is that she doesn’t always feature pictures of herself! How strange, a blogger who isn’t self-consumed? She features models from her clothing line and models from fashion shows she helps run. She’s come a long way from Laguna Beach.