These brands are dragging Ticketmaster online – and we are living for it 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

After four album releases, two albums re-recorded and five years without touring, Taylor Swift is officially back on the road. The highly anticipated Eras Tour has received a lot of media attention recently after Ticketmaster announced that all ticket sales have ceased due to unprecedented demand.

This announcement prompted a wave of angry backlash at the hands of Swifties (Swift’s fan base), as only those selected for the “Verified Fan” and “Capital One” pre-sales were able to get tickets. As the issue blew up on social media platforms, many brands jumped on the Ticketmaster hate train. 

Here are some of the highlights:

Ulta

Arguably the most direct on the list, Ulta used their slanderous tweet to remind consumers about the upcoming Black Friday Sale. They are true marketing geniuses.

Welch’s

Informative, funny and my personal favorite on the list, Welch’s tweeted out their frustration with the Ticketmaster site’s lack of speed. 

McDonald’s 

McDonald’s joined the fun, explaining how their discontinued menu item (rest in peace snack wraps) is easier to get than tickets to Swift’s tour. 

Duolingo 

A known social media jokester, the Duolingo Owl expressed his disappointment in how many people are waiting for tickets instead of doing their daily language lessons. 

Domino’s 

Completed with a cheeky pun, Domino’s pointed out that they were the first to use a queue tracking system. 

Oreo 

OREO used the trending subject to remind Swifties about the consoling power of an Oreo Cookie. 

Denny’s 

Everyone loves a post-concert dinner run, and Denny’s wanted to remind fans where they could get the best late-night food. 

Ritz 

Ritz wanted to let fellow Swifties know that they relate to their disappointment with their short and simple tweet. 

Chips Ahoy 

At least some fans received love from brands like Chips Ahoy, who expressed their condolences via virtual cookies. 

Auntie Anne’s

Auntie Anne’s jumped in on the jokes as well to ask the most important question. As long as they are cinnamon sugar nuggets, I am sure Ticketmaster would accept the offer. 

Honorary mention: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC)

Although she is not a brand, AOC expressed her grievances with Ticketmaster’s existence as a monopoly. Her statements created discussions between lawmakers and fans alike surrounding the morality of the company as they are positioned at the top of the ticketing industry.

Julianne Sheehan (she/they) is a Sophomore at American University majoring in Broadcast Journalism, with a minor in Marketing. Born and raised just outside of Boston, MA, this tea enthusiast is excited to be writing for HerCampus AU as a feature writer. A cat-person through and through, Julianne dedicates all of their writing to her pride and joy: Josie.