Snack Your Way to an A

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Finals are fast approaching. If you’re planning to log some long hours in your corner of the library, you’re going to need some energy to get you through those late night cram sessions. While grabbing some candy or Red Bull might sound like a quick way to wake up, you’ll experience a blood sugar spike, which will lead to a crash, leaving you tired and unable to focus. Instead, here are five easy and tasty snacks that will keep your mind sharp so you can power through that Western Civilization textbook. Happy snacking!

Celery and Peanut Butter

This childhood favorite is packed with fiber and protein to keep you full and focused during your study sessions.

Salad

Mix some lettuce, tomatoes, cucmbers and grilled chicken in a tupperware for a protein-packed salad! The protein from the chicken will keep you energized and there’s the added bonus of all those nutrients from the veggies. Feel free to add extra ingreients, like carrots, tofu or spinach!

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

A sweet way to get energy? Yes, please! Put a banana, two spoonfuls of peanut butter, and low-fat or Greek yogurt in a blender and blend for a minute. This super yummy smoothie will fill you up as well as keep your mind sharp while you dive into your textbooks.

Scrambled Eggs

As if you need another reason to have breakfast for dinner! Everyone knows eggs are packed with protein, which your brain needs for energy. Whip up some turkey bacon with the eggs and you’ll be ready to go!

Almonds

These little guys are packed with protein and omega-three fatty acids; just a handful is enough to boost your memory and mood. They’re also the quickest snack to make: just toss some in a bag and go!

Photo Credits:

www.kraftrecipes.com

www.exeriseexpertise.net

www.eatgoodfood.org

www.kaylaskitchen.com

www.mysanfranciscokitchen.word…

Monica is a freshman at American University and is studying for a B.A. in Journalism, and is still deciding what else she wants to do with her life. She's super excited to be a member of Her Campus American and experience college life. Right now her favorite things to do include exploring DC, dancing, reading fashion magazines and binge-watching television shows.