Semester Stresses: As Told by Taylor Swift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

We all can see the end of the tunnel. The light that is winter break is so close we can sort of see it. It has been one heck of a semester for all of us and as we look back, we can not help but notice all the emotions we experienced in the last four months. With the release of her new music video for Blank Space, it seemed more than fitting to use Taylor Swift to demonstrate.

1. It’s August and it is officially back to school season. Time to see friends, start classes and kick ourselves back into gear.  

2. Welcome Week is easily the best week of the fall semester, or really, the whole year.

3. Syllabus week is a joke and you walk out of your classes knowing you’re ready to conquer this semester.

4. With the dream of making Dean’s List, you actually attempt to do the readings the professors assigns–aka you’re the star student. 

5. With papers and tests due, you wonder how your professor though that he could assign you any more readings?

6. The first wave of midterms begin and everyone begins to panic. 

7. The professor decides that instead of giving you your midterm before fall break, he or she will give it after and add on an extra chapter or two.

8. Whether you passed or failed your midterms, you immediately begin to question the whole Dean’s List, try hard act. 

9. At this point, you rip up your syllabus and curse the world.

10. You realize that you can’t do laundry or buy anything because you have no Eaglebucks.

11. Three weeks before the final, your professor tells you it will be cummalitive .

12. How you feel in the library at 3 A.M and still have four more chapters to read.

13. Near the end of the semester, you convince yourself that you may actually be able to pull off good grades.

14. You feel on top of the world (or on top of a horse) the moment you walk out of your last final.

15. It may have been a fun, stressful semester, but there is no better feeling knowing that it is behind you. Time to enjoy winter break!

Photo Credit: Header, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15