Sarindee Wickramasuriya ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Sarindee Wickramasuriya

Year: Junior (’14)

Major(s): Communication Studies and Political Science

Hometown: Colombo, Sri Lanka & Atlanta, Georgia 

Relationship status: Single

Three words that describe you: Outgoing, ambitious and tiny 

Three things you can’t live without: My Blackberry, Instagram and perfume! 

Best AU moment: Probably the day I became a brother of Alpha Kappa Psi, the Professional Business Fraternity. The people I’ve met through pledging and being a brother is definitely one of my favorite parts of attending AU. 

Dream job: My dream job keeps changing from time to time, but as of right now, I would love to work for the Office of Communications for The White House as a media strategist! Of course doing something to help and promote Sri Lanka will always be something I will be working on individually. Oh… and having my own line of perfume on the side is a must ;)

Favorite spot on campus: Probably the Mudbox—Peppermint Hot Chocolate all day every day! 

Favorite spot in DC: The Georgetown waterfront (especially at night)! 

Celebrity style icon: Victoria Beckham and Kourtney Kardashian. I’m not really a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl…so I love that they always keep it classy, chic, and glam! 

What you look for in a guy: Besides tall, dark, and handsome? Someone who is very ambitious, a hard worker, family oriented, loves to travel as much as I do, can make me laugh and of course has a nice smile. Being close with my dad would definitely be a plus because I’m such a daddy’s girl! 

Describe your perfect date in DC: I’m an adventurous kind of girl, so I would love to do anything like bungee jumping, racing, skydiving, etc. and end it with a nice dinner cruise on the Potomac River. 

Lesley Siu graduated from American University in May 2013 with a BA in Film and Media Arts and minors in Marketing and International Business. Originally from Hawaii, she loves photography, fashion, travel, social media and everything Parisian. She has interned at GLAMOUR magazine in New York and Washington Life Magazine in DC, but her proudest accomplishment is founding Her Campus American in 2011 while interning in Melbourne, Australia. You can usually find her reading a magazine, enjoying a hazelnut latte or posting a photo on Instagram... and sometimes, all at the same time. Follow her on Twitter: @lesleysiu and visit her blog.