Royal Baby Fever Round Two!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Hello Collegiettes,

It’s been a long time since we’ve heard or read anything about Kate Middleton. At Her Campus American, we love anything to do with Kate. (Hello LK Bennet sledge pumps and perfectly coiffed hair!) 

Oh and lest we forget royal baby fever. Splendid news came out on September 8, 2014, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their second bundle of royalty!

According to a press release, “Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their second child.” Multiple news sources have stated that Kate is less than 12 weeks pregnant so palace officials were forced to announce the pregnancy earlier than expected because the Duchess is once again suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum, or acute morning sickness. During the early stages of her pregnancy with Prince George, Kate was admitted to the hospital for this same reason.

Now to the question that everyone is dying to know, are Will and Kate having a prince or princess? Selfishly, the Duke and Duchess are not open to sharing with the free world the sex of their child. Bets are rolling in at betting houses in the UK with some interesting odds, 4-5 if it’s a boy and 10-11 if it’s a girl.

As for baby names, James is in the lead at 6-1 followed by Arthur at 8-1. For a girl, I know we at Her Campus American are hoping for Diana after William’s late mother the Princess of Wales, but unfortunately at 12-1 the odds are not stacked in our favor. Frontrunner for a girl’s name is Elizabeth, after the current Queen of England, and the baby’s great grandmother, Elizabeth II. The odds are a bit better at 8-1.    

Think pink Collegiettes!       

Check back here for all of the latest royal baby news!

XOXO

Photo Credits: 1, 2