Review: Founders’ Day Ball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Didn’t get to go to Founder’s Day, or in need of a recap? We’ve got you covered. Here’s what happened—in case you missed it.

Photos courtesy of The Talon. 

Location:

Founder’s Day was held at the National Museum of American History. The entire museum was open for students to explore, including noteworthy exhibits such as the original Star-Spangled Banner, all first ladies dresses throughout the centuries, and food and the media. The museum was decorated with lights reflecting the red, white, and blue stars and stripes of the flag.

Entertainment:

The first band to go on was a traditional, Frank-Sinata-esque band called The Red Sweaters. The played an acoustic set on the first floor of the museum, setting an elegant mood to the first half of the event. Next in the lineup was a local DJ on the second floor, where a dance floor soon commenced.

Fashion:

Dresses were both long and short, some echoing back to the days of prom while others showing off elegant sophistication. For the men, a mixture of black suits and tuxes, as well as a standout navy blue suit were in attendance.

Food:

Probably one of the best parts of Founders’ Day this year was the Hors d’oeuvres. Everything from cupcakes to shrimp and various unnamed delicious delicacies were provided. You would not have gone hungry.