This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

As an editor of the Her Campus American University podcast, Miss Education, I have developed a mild addiction to browsing through Apple Podcasts whenever I find free time. After pride month this past summer, I decided to subscribe to more shows dedicated to LGBTQ history in order to educate myself on a community that I was never taught about in my high school history courses. Here is a list of my favorite podcasts and individual episodes from each to deepen your understanding of queer people across the world and throughout time. 

Queer As Fact

My favorite episodes include: “Audre Lorde”, “Achilles and Patroclus”, “Oscar Wilde”, “Osh Tisch”, “Queer Love in Early Chinese History”, and “Stonewall”. 

History is Gay

My favorite episodes include: “Fucking Superb, You Funky Little Lesbian” and “Alan Turing: Computer Daddy”. 

2 and a Half Lesbians

My favorite episode: “Black Lives Matter In LGBTQ History”. 

Loose: A Podcast about the History of Sex and Vice

My favorite episode: “We Recruit: Lesbian Avengers and Seperatists”.

LGBTQ&A

My favorite episodes include: “Laverne Cox: Fighting for Trans Lives” and “Alok Vaid-Menon: Beyond the Gender Binary”.

Making Gay History

My favorite episodes include: “Barbara Smith” and “Martha Shelley”.

Photos: Her Campus Media

Isabel Thompson

American '23

Isabel Thompson is an undergraduate student at American University studying International Relations. She is involved with HerCampus American as well as the American University Chamber Singers. She enjoys journalism, Korean pop music, cute stationary, iced coffee, and studying languages.